Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Agile Product Lifecycle Management Integration Pack for Oracle E-Business Suite - Version 3.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Agile to e-Business Suite PIP 3.1/11.x
In e-Business Suite:
As part of Material Transfer between new Inventory Organizations - Need existing Quantity for each Item Revision in a Org to be transferred to New Org to which Item is assigned
To achieve this, the same Item Revisions should exist in e-Business Suite in both Orgs for transferring the quantity for each revision.
1. When Item is assigned in Agile to a New Org, The Current Revision of the Item of the other Org is picked as Current Revision for the Item in this Org.
2. When ECO is created in Agile for that Item, this Current Revision from Agile will move through the PIP layer to e-Business Suite.
3. So, On e-Business Suite there is only the Current Revision but not the Historical Revisions as Expected
Details with example
- Item A is created in Master Org (102) and US Org (104) on 20th Jan 2012 as part of Initial Implementation/Rollout with Default Revision A – So, in Agile and e-Biz it has 1 revision
- Since then there are some changes to the Items and ECOs were processed for those items from Agile to e-Biz
- So, 2 additional revisions that are created for this Item A,
Say Revision A1 and Revision A2
- Currently Revision A2 is Current Revision -- This is in both Agile and e-Biz
- At this point, there are Quantities available for Each Revision of the Item in e-Business Suite
- Now, New roll-out of the solution - for the new Location, say Canada
o The same Item has to exist in Canada Org (Say 108 is Org Code) in Agile and e-Business Suite
o In e-Business Suite - The Quantities available for each Item Revision in US Org to be assigned to the Canada Org
**In e-Business Suite, If the Item exists in both the Organizations with same Revisions, then it is possible to Transfer the Quantity between the Orgs
Considering the possibility as highlighted above, If the following is performed
- In Agile, assign this Item to a New Org
- This picks the Current Revision A2
- Create an ECO for this Item and Sync it to e-Business Suite
- This flow will assign the Item to the New Org (108) in e-Business Suite with the Latest Revision (i.e. Default and A2 ONLY -- A1 would be missing)
- Cannot enter the Previous Revisions in e-Business Suite because the ASCII value of the previous Revision would be lower than Current Revision
Need the Revisions to be created as part of the Integration whenever there is a new org assignment that happens in Agile.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms