Communications (COMMS) Process Integration Pack (PIP): Product Synchronization Flow - Multiple Instances are triggered without any Retry Configuration
Last updated on JANUARY 27, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Order to Cash Integration Pack for Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 11.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) 11.1.1.x (Where x is 6 or 7)
Application Integration Architecture (AIA) Foundation Pack (FP) 11.1.1.x (Where x is 6 or 7) Based on the Corresponding SOA version
COMMS PIP 11.x (where x is 2 or 3)
When a Product Synchronization (Sync) from Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) to Siebel Fails in the Service "SyncItemCompositionListSiebelCommsProvABCSImpl" with PopulateXrefError
Following Symptoms are observed inspite of No Retry Mechanism configured
1. Unique Constraint Errors on Cross Reference Table (XREF_DATA) has been noted from SOA Diagnostic Log
... [WEBSERVICE_PORT.name: SyncProductBRMReqABCSImpl] [composite_instance_id: 1330002] [component_instance_id: 1320002] [composite_name: SyncItemCompositionListSiebelCommsProvABCSImpl!2.0] [component_name: SyncItemCompositionListSiebelCommsProvABCSImplProcess] The sqlException is sqlexception: ORA-00001: unique constraint (AIA_XREF.XREF_DATA_PK) violated ...
2. Locking observed on XREF_DATA Table
3. Service Failed with Java Transaction API (JTA) Timeout errors instead of the PopulateXref Function Error.
4. Further Iterations for a New Item Sync fails even if there is no problem in Data
5. Failure in SOA logs shows "Unable to access Endpoint" Error inspite of the endpoint being accessible
Workaround: Bouncing of SOA server will make the flows to work normally for some time.
Until there is a next failure happens and the same behavior as noted above are seen
1. When there is a failure in the flow, the fault should be thrown immediately
2. Fault message should be proper instead of a JTA timeout error
3. Logs shouldn't give misleading "Unable to Access Endpoint" Error when the
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms