Last updated on JANUARY 27, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Integration Pack for Agent Assisted Billing Care - Version 11.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Agent Assisted Billing Care (AABC): QueryServiceUsage Flow Shows Different Dates in Siebel If InteractionTimeZone parameter is not Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
Application Integration Architecture (AIA) Foundation Pack 220.127.116.11
Communications (COMMS) PIP 11.3 -- Order to Cash + AABC
When When Running the Query Service Usage Flow as part of the AABC PIP, following behavior is observed
BRM Application shows the date as 2015-03-02T17:49:02+08:00
Siebel Application shows the date as 2nd March 2015 01:49:02
16 hours difference is observed in each edge application
All the severs are in same location which are GMT +8:00 - Philippines
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Change the BRM JCA Adapter "InteractionTimeZone" parameter to "Asia/Manila"
** Assuming the Siebel and BRM are configured with Philippines timezone
2. Re-deploy the Adapter
3. Query for a Service Usage from Siebel
4. Flow on the AIA invokes and that would call the BRM JCA adapter and sends response back to Siebel
5. On validating the data in Siebel, the dates are different from what is seen in BRM
Expected Behavior: Dates in both the BRM Pricing Center and Siebel should show the same date and timestamp
1. Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) J2EE Connectivity Architecture (JCA) Adapter (With Default BRM JCA Adapter parameter "InteractionTimeZone" set to UTC) always sents the dates in UTC Format.
Due to this there is a Difference in dates in Siebel and BRM when running "Query Invoice Flow"
2. To avoid this date difference, as per the following document
Oracle® Application Integration Architecture Siebel CRM Integration Pack for Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management: Agent Assisted Billing Care Implementation Guide Release 11.3 Part Number E37674-02
Chapter 9: Configuring the Process Integration for Billing Management
Section: Setting Up BRM for Integrated Billing Management
BRM JCA Adapter "InteractionTimeZone" parameter has been changed to "Asia/Manila" (Which is valid Timezone ID as per BRM for Philippines)
3. Re-deployed the BRM JCAAdapter
With this Change, the Query Invoice Flow works fine, but the QueryServiceUsageFlow shows the different in dates now.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms