UpdateSalesOrderSiebelCommsJMSConsumer is Slow During Flow Execution
(Doc ID 2636527.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications Order to Cash Integration Pack for Siebel CRM - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- After upgrade to AIA (Oracle Application Integration Architecture) 12.2, one is observing some slowness in the UpdateSalesOrderSiebelCommsJMSConsumer Mediator Composite before it calls the UpdateSalesOrderSiebelCommsProvABCSImpl composite.
- This is identified in some medium level of testing during SIT (System integration testing).
- There is about 1 minute delay in this mediator.
- This can be a significant issue when testing with larger volume.
- What can be done to improve the performance of this composite?
Following analysis can be considered in above context:
- Siebel status update should happen in the same order that OSM (Order and Service Management) updates it. Let us say that OSM published status “In-progress” and “completed”, Siebel should be updating the status in the same order “in-progress” and “completed”.
- System is using re-sequencer in AIA to achieve this functionality.
- Regarding the re-sequencer fine tuning, AIA does not have any special requirement, rather it depends on SOA (service-oriented architecture) fine tuning.
- As a general understanding, re-sequencer performance depends upon several factors such as database tuning, thread tuning for re-sequencer and groups; so one can refer the SOA recommendations for further guidelines. Below are couple of SOA 12c performance tuning related to re-sequencer.
Based on some configuration changes from above documentation it still does not hep and on further analysis below could be a possible cause of this time taken:
- Even after some relevant changes, there is a complete 1 minute gap between the UpdateSalesOrderSiebelCommsJMSConsumer and the UpdateSalesOrderSiebelCommsProvABCSImpl call
- On analyzing further, there are a couple of properties in the UpdateSalesOrderSiebelCommsJMSConsumer_RS.mplan file as mentioned below.
The question is whether one can make this value as 0 and also can one make maxRowsRetrieved as 5 (mentioned as a default value) to tune this flow execution.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document