EM: Setting My Oracle Support Credentials in Enterprise Manager 22.214.171.124 Grid Control or 12c Cloud Control Fails
Last updated on NOVEMBER 17, 2017
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 11.1 to 12.1]
Enterprise Manager for My Oracle Support - Version 10.2.0.5 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 10.2 to 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Navigating to the 'My Oracle Support' tab in 11g Grid Console, entering the username / password and clicking on the 'Apply' button returns the error:
Networking error: Unable to connect to My Oracle Support
- Sometimes, it can take a long time (more than 5 minutes) after clicking on the Apply button, for the error to be displayed.
- The same error is returned when attempting to set the preferred credentials for My Oracle Support using the steps in <Note 1168603.1>: 11g Grid Control: How to set the 'My Oracle Support' Preferred Credentials in the Grid Console?
- The <EM_INSTANCE_HOME>/sysman/log/emoms.trc shows:
2010-06-18 08:34:01,198 [EMUI_08_30_51_/console/pref/mosCredentials]
ERROR creds.MOSPrefCredentialsHandler performOneOffLogin.461 - Exception while mosHelper.createMOSState in
performOneOffLogin:Unable to get login XML: Connection timed out
- From the OMS machine, wget on the operating system is able to connect to the My Oracle Support URL successfully:
--2010-06-18 10:58:55-- https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html
Resolving support.oracle.com... 220.127.116.11
Connecting to support.oracle.com|18.104.22.168|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 3633 (3.5K) [text/html]
Saving to: `flash.html.1'
100%[==================================================================>] 3,633 20.6K/s in 0.2s
2010-06-18 10:58:56 (20.6 KB/s) - `flash.html.1' saved [3633/3633]
- It is also possible to access the https://support.oracle.com URL from a browser on the OMS machine.
- There is no Proxy Server configured / used in this environment but there is a Firewall between the OMS and the My Oracle Support portal. The Firewall has been configured to allow traffic to updates.oracle.com and support.oracle.com.
- If the My Oracle Support credentials are not set, then navigating to -> Setup -> Patching Setup and clicking on the Test button besides 'Patch Search URL' also returns
https://updates.oracle.com was tested successfully without proxy.
Patch Search URL Error
My Oracle Support Credentials Not Set - You have not set the My Oracle Support credentials. Click the left link and supply the missing credentials.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms