EM: Setting My Oracle Support Credentials in Enterprise Manager 188.8.131.52 Grid Control or 12c Cloud Control Fails
(Doc ID 1119897.1)
Last updated on MARCH 07, 2019
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 11.1 to 12.1]
Enterprise Manager for My Oracle Support - Version 10.2.0.5 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 10.2 to 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Navigating to the 'My Oracle Support' tab in 11g Grid Console, entering the username / password and clicking on the 'Apply' button returns the error:
Networking error: Unable to connect to My Oracle Support
- Sometimes, it can take a long time (more than 5 minutes) after clicking on the Apply button, for the error to be displayed.
- The same error is returned when attempting to set the preferred credentials for My Oracle Support using the steps in <Note 1168603.1>: 11g Grid Control: How to set the 'My Oracle Support' Preferred Credentials in the Grid Console?
- The <OMS INSTANCE HOME>/sysman/log/emoms.trc shows:
2010-06-18 08:34:01,198 [EMUI_08_30_51_/console/pref/mosCredentials]
ERROR creds.MOSPrefCredentialsHandler performOneOffLogin.461 - Exception while mosHelper.createMOSState in
performOneOffLogin:Unable to get login XML: Connection timed out
- From the OMS machine, wget on the operating system is able to connect to the My Oracle Support URL successfully:
--2010-06-18 10:58:55-- https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html
Resolving support.oracle.com... <SUPPORT IP>
Connecting to support.oracle.com|<SUPPORT IP>|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 3633 (3.5K) [text/html]
Saving to: 'flash.html.1'
100%[==================================================================>] 3,633 20.6K/s in 0.2s
2010-06-18 10:58:56 (20.6 KB/s) - 'flash.html.1' saved [3633/3633]
- It is also possible to access the https://support.oracle.com URL from a browser on the OMS machine.
- There is no Proxy Server configured / used in this environment but there is a Firewall between the OMS and the My Oracle Support portal. The Firewall has been configured to allow traffic to updates.oracle.com and support.oracle.com.
- If the My Oracle Support credentials are not set, then navigating to -> Setup -> Patching Setup and clicking on the Test button besides 'Patch Search URL' also returns
https://updates.oracle.com was tested successfully without proxy.
Patch Search URL Error
My Oracle Support Credentials Not Set - You have not set the My Oracle Support credentials. Click the left link and supply the missing credentials.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document