Grid Console Access: Browser Certificate Expiry Error Since 31-Dec-2010
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2015
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 10.2.0.1 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 10.2 to 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Starting 31-Dec-2010, when accessing Grid Control at the secure upload port (1159), you may get "Certificate Error" as shown in the following image:
2. Accessing the Grid Control console at the secure console port (4444) will cause the following browser error :
(see What is the secure console port for my site? step# 4 in the Solution section below)
- If the OMS is not 10.2.0.5.0 version and not running on AIX, you may ignore the error as it is harmless browser error and communication between OMS and Agents is not affected.
- If the OMS is 10.2.0.5.0 running on AIX, please migrate to new Certificate Authority. Refer to the <Note 1275070.1> AIX Grid Control 10.2.0.5 SSL Communication and Monitoring Issue since 31-DEC-2010.
- This issue will not impact customers who access console via console port and have configured a certificate issued by third-party CA.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms