Steps to Import Third Party Trusted SSL Certificate into the 10g / 11g Grid Agent URL
Last updated on APRIL 19, 2017
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 10.2.0.5 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 10.2 to 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document explains how a third party signed SSL certificate can be imported for the 10g/11g Grid Agent URL. This certificate will be used for the following channels of communication:
- OMS to Grid Agent.
- When Metric browser of this Agent is launched from a browser.
EM 13c, 12c: How to Configure the Enterprise Manager Management Agent for Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Certificates (<
The steps in this document have to be followed on each Agent machine where the default certificate used by the Agent needs to be modified to a 3rd party certificate.
- It is not possible to configure a 10.2.0.4 and below version of the Agent to use third party SSL certificates. This support is available from 10.2.0.5 Agent onwards.
- For a 10.2.0.5 Agent, before using the steps in this document apply the one-off <Patch 9019231> to the Agent Home. Refer to the patch README for instructions.
- Also, 10.2.0.5 and 184.108.40.206 Agent does not support a self-signed (default OEM certificate) SSL certificate with 1024 bit key length. If the requirement is to use a SSL certificate with 1024 bit key length, then a SSL certificate signed by a third party Certificate Authority should be used.
- The 11g Agent supports only MD5/SHA1 algorithm and upto 2048 bit key length.
For importing third party certificates into the OMS, refer to the steps listed in
<Note 1208949.1>: 11g Grid Control: Using Oracle Wallet Manager to Create a Wallet with Third Party Certificate and Importing into OMS.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms