Invalid 'Count of Targets Not Uploading Exceeded the Critical Threshold' Alerts are Raised for Agent Target
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2016
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 17-Nov-2013
1) The 11g Grid Control Metric "Count of targets not uploading data" keeps alerting at 'critical' status, even though the agent is uploading data ok. The following are examples of the metric alert:-
"Count of targets not uploading exceeded the critical threshold (0). Current value: 1"
"Count of targets not uploading exceeds critical threshold"
2) The emdiag kit repvfy command "repvfy verify -level 9 -detail" returns "132. Targets not uploading any data"
3) Additionally: The result of the following query in the repository database (as user 'sysman') may return negative values:-
SELECT host_url, value FROM mgmt_oms_parameters WHERE name = 'loaderOldestFile';
4) However, it can be seen in the Grid Control console, that the agent is uploading correctly. To check this:-
- Click on host target home page <for host where agent which received the alert is running>/click "all metrics" from related links and look at "last upload"
- Click on the host home page <for host where agent which received the alert is running>/click on "targets", view "last load time" for each target
- Check the "last successful upload" time of the agent
./emctl status agent
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms