EM 12c, EM 13c: Fix the Cloud Control Agent error 'ERROR: NMO Not Setuid-root (Unix-only)'
Last updated on APRIL 23, 2018
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
<Document 271598.1> - Some Operations performed by the Grid Control Agent 10g or 11g Fail With 'ERROR: NMO Not Setuid-root (Unix-only)'
The Cloud Control Management Agent has been installed on a Unix machine. Trying to perform some operations against any target monitored by this Agent from the Cloud Control results in the error:
ERROR: NMO not setuid-root (Unix-only).
Examples of operations that can result in the above error:
- Running a Job against this host : this can be OS Command, SQLPlus Script etc
- Setting / Testing Preferred Credentials for this host
- Configuring the database backup settings for a database on this host.
- Trying to Clone an ORACLE_HOME, running the Patching Wizard / Deployment procedure against targets in this host.
- Executing a User-Defined Metric against target in this host, etc
In summary, any operation which requires the Agent to login to the host and perform an activity may result in the above error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms