Last updated on NOVEMBER 29, 2012
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The "Monitor Enterprise Manager" System Privilege allows the Enterprise Manager Administrator to monitor the performance of the Enterprise Manager setup itself. Enterprise Manager Performance is determined by how efficiently the Management Services and their components are running and processing, how well the DBMS jobs handling the maintenance and monitoring of Enterprise Manager are running in the repository database and performance of all the Agents. So, in a 12c Cloud console this privilege can be used to access the Setup -> Management Services and Repository target pages to view the performance of the EM operations.
Granting this privilege to an Administrator will implicitly grant the below privileges as well:
- View privilege on the targets: OMS and Repository, Oracle Management Service, OMS Console, OMS Platform
- View privilege on EM services for Console, Jobs and the EM Management Beacon.
- View privilege on the Repository Database, listener and Oracle home targets. This is to allow the Administrator to monitor the performance of the EM operations at the Repository database level.
- View privilege on the Host where the Repository resides and where OMS is running.
- View privilege on all the Agents.
- View privileges on the underlying WLS targets of the OMS installation.
However when the Administrator tries to access the Repository Database performance page, it fails with the error
Create a new user with just the "Monitor Enterprise Manager" System Privilege, login to the Cloud Console as this Administrator and try to access the Repository Database performance page.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms