EM 12c: Configuring Offline Updates in Enterprise Manager 188.8.131.52 Cloud Control and Later Versions
(Doc ID 1522335.1)
Last updated on JUNE 10, 2017
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Configuring offline updates can be useful in an environment where the Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 220.127.116.11 and later OMS host does not have access to the internet. If offline patching is configured in such an environment, the EM administrator can still run Refresh From My Oracle Support jobs and can tell what software actions are necessary to keep the isolated enterprise updated with the latest additions and features.
Offline updates should be incorporated in the following circumstances to keep the offline EM system appropriately current:
- Shortly after installation of Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 18.104.22.168 to incorporate necessary current patch recommendations.
- Periodically to the existing EM system to emulate the updates action of the normal daily automatic RefreshFromMyOracleSupport job executed by online systems.
- Immediately, on announcement of the release of security patches or software components of interest, like agents in new versions.
Once updates have been incorporated into the EM system, offline maintenance of the following functions is possible:
Database Profiles and Gold Images
Application Server Profiles and Gold Images
Enterprise Manager Deployment Prerequisite Checks
Security and Other Patching for EM Components and Discovered Targets
Note: In offline mode, you cannot do the following:
- Search and download patches from My Oracle Support
- View additional information about the patch
- Access community information, knowledge articles, service requests
- View the Related Activity region
This document explains how to apply initial offline updates in EM 22.214.171.124 and later, activate the information provided by the updates in the EM system and, further, how to examine component and target patching recommendations thereafter.
Not covered here are the actions required to perform actual product updates, like patching or agent deployment through the EM console.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Join the Support Communities Discussion|