"Internal Error" when changing Database or Listener Target Metric Settings or EM-2902 [EMOS][core.templ.uimodel.applicationModule.ApplyTemplate when Applying Enterprise Manager 22.214.171.124 Cloud Control Monitoring Templates
Last updated on JANUARY 02, 2015
Applies to:Enterprise Manager for Oracle Database - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If you have Cloud Control 184.108.40.206.0 and applied PSU1 ( Patch 14840279: ENTERPRISE MANAGER BASE PLATFORM - OMS 220.127.116.11.1 PSU) or higher, with database plug-in 18.104.22.168, trying to make a change for certain metric on a database or listener target will fail. The issue can be observed in various operations like:
1. Changing a metric on a database target from the UI will fail with "Internal error":
- From the Target home page click on -> oracle database menu -> monitoring -> Metric and Collection Settings
- modify any metric threshold
- click OK
The error raised will be:
Internal Error has occured. Check the log file for details
In the <MiddleWare Home>/em/EMGC_OMS1/sysman/log/emoms.log file
you see the error generated
2. If you check the Incident Management page for the OMS, you will notice that the following incident has been triggered:
Problem: EM-2903 [EMOMS][eml.metrics.target.MonitoringSettingsController]
3. Editing a metric directly will fail with:
Correct the following errors.
Threshold Values - Tablespace Free Space (MB): The format of the threshold values is not correct.
OMS logs will show:
5. Template collection synchronization for targets part of an Administration group will fail because of this. Checking the status of the synchronization jobs, most of them will appear as failed.
The PSU1 patch (Patch 14840279: ENTERPRISE MANAGER BASE PLATFORM - OMS 22.214.171.124.1 PSU) or higher was applied to the Cloud Control 126.96.36.199.0 and the Database Plug-in was upgarded to 188.8.131.52.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms