EM 12c, 13c: OMS to Agent Communication Fails but the Agent is Able to Upload Successfully to the OMS
(Doc ID 1580282.1)
Last updated on JULY 27, 2020
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 10.2.0.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Third party custom SSL certificate was imported into an Agent on remote machine.
- Agent was able to startup fine with the new certificate and the new certificate can be seen when the Agent URL is accessed from a browser.
- However, submitting any job against a database monitored by this Agent fails and the Agent homepage in the Console shows
Communication between the Oracle Management Service to the Agent is unavailable. Any functions or displayed information requiring this communication link will be unavailable. For example: deleting/configuring targets, uploading metric data, or displaying Agent home page information such as Agent to Management Service Response Time (ms).
- But the Agent is marked as UP and the metrics under 'Resource Utilization' have values as well. The 'Upload Metric Data' button is however disabled.
- There is no proxy server configured between the OMS and Agent machines, hence the below document does not apply:
<Note 395717.1>: Communication: OMS to Agent Communication Fails With 'Cannot Establish Proxy Connection' Due to Proxy-Related Settings
- Host name and IP resolution of the Agent machine is working fine from the OMS host and also the Agent port is open for communication.
- The emoms.trc shows:
2013-07-25 09:47:25,400 [EMUI_09_47_24_/console/admin/rep/emdConfig/emdTargetsMain$target=agentmachine.domain_3A3872$type=oracle*_emd$ctxType=All_20Targets] ERROR emdConfig.EmdConfigTargetsData storeUploadManagerStatus.1604 - java.io.IOException: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated
- The emagent.trc shows:
2013-07-25 02:01:12,131 Thread-4572 ERROR ssl: nzos_Handshake failed, ret=28860
2013-07-25 02:01:12,162 Thread-4572 ERROR http: 2692: Error initializing SSL connection for incoming request, aborting request. ret=-10
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document