EM 12c, EM 13c: Managing Database Metrics in Enterprise Manager 12c [Video]
(Doc ID 1615379.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 24, 2019
Applies to:Enterprise Manager for Oracle Database - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Video about Database Metrics in Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control
To understand the following topics:-
- What are metrics?
- Why do we collect metrics?
- How are metrics collected?
- when are metrics collected?
- Demo: How to set Database Metrics
- Where will the database metric alerts be shown?
- How else can we be notified about alerts (eg. different notification methods)?
- Setting the same metric thresholds on multiple database targets
- How to determine exact sql used to collect the metric data?
- Agent evaluated V Server Generated metrics*
- About Server Generated Alerts *
- Demo of a server generated alert*
- Demo of an agent evaluated alert
Please note, from 18.104.22.168 Enterprise Manager and higher, most metrics (but not all) are now evaluated by the agent and do not rely on the server generated alert system. See <Note:1680788.1> "Changes to Oracle Database Monitoring in Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 22.214.171.124" for further details)*
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document