EM 12c: How to Stop 188.8.131.52 Cloud Control from Sending Additional Advisory Notifications for a Target After the Agent Unreachable Event is Cleared?
Last updated on OCTOBER 15, 2014
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After Agent Unreachable event is cleared, notification e-mails are sent from 12c OMS to advise the current status of each target monitored by affected agent.
Sequence of steps:
- Created an incident rule to fire on specific listener target, and on the following Availability States: Agent unreachable, Agent unreachable end, Up
- Triggered an Agent Unreachable event by blocking the connections from OMS to the Agent (for example, enabled Linux level firewall using iptables).
- 1 notification e-mail was received from the OMS with the following message/severity:
Message=Agent Unreachable (REASON = Unable to connect to the agent at https://agentmachine.domain:3878/emd/main/ [Connection establishment timed out]). Host is Unreachable (REASON = Ping timed out.).
- Unblocked the connection from target host to OMS host using iptables, so that the Agent is marked as UP.
- 2 notification e-mails were received with the following messages/severities:
1) Message=Agent Unreachable cleared.
2) Message=The current status of the target is Up
By default, a notification is sent for the target status after Agent comes out of unreachable status even if the target status has not changed. This document explains how to stop these advisory notifications from 220.127.116.11 EM onwards.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms