Last updated on NOVEMBER 28, 2016
Applies to:Enterprise Manager for Oracle Database - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Cloud Control, trying to use DataPump import from another database over a database link, the submit of the job fails with errors like:
ORA-39178: cannot perform estimate on metadata only jobs
ORA-39001: invalid argument value
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SYS_ERROR", line 79
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DATAPUMP", line 3507
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DATAPUMP", line 4127 ORA-06512: at line 2
In Cloud Control, the navigation path for the import is like:
- From databases Home,
Schema -> Database export/import -> Import from Database
- Select database link "DB_LINK_NAME" to specify the source database
- Select Tables under 'Import Type'
- Press continue
- Select schema 'OWNER' and table 'TABLE_NAME'
- Click next -> next
- Select directory as 'DATAPUMP_DIR_NAME' under "Optional File"
- Click on 'Show Advanced options' and select 'Metadata Only' under 'Content'
- Click next
- Give a jobname and submit
This is when above errors will appear.
The PL/SQL generated for submitting the job will contain next line of code:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms