Last updated on MAY 15, 2015
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Metric Extension (ME) is created using the SQL Adapter in EM 18.104.22.168 , but the Metric Extension is not displayed on the 'All Metrics Page' of the database target, and there is no indication it is in the management repository.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Create a metric extension. In the creation wizard, verify the metric extension is working by testing on a target.
Targe_type=> 'Database instance' ME Adapter => SQL statement. Use this with a simple query "select username from dba_users". It is scheduled to run every 5 minutes.
2. Save it as deployable draft, published and deployed to few targets.
3. The repository doesn't have any data about the new metric extension, using the following query :
4. It is apparent that the metric data is gathered, verified with the following command as well as looking at one of the raw upload files in the .../agent_inst/sysman/emd/upload/ directory.
<host>:MDQ01:/u01/app/oracle/product/middleware/cca_1/agent_inst/bin> ./emctl status agent scheduler | grep -i T1USEREXPIRE
2014-04-18 14:37:35.281 : oracle_database:MDQ01:ME$T1USEREXPIRE
5. On the target page (Oracle database > Monitoring), the metric extension is not listed on either the All metrics or the Metrics and collection settings links.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms