Prerequisites for Using the Oracle Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance Plug-in
(Doc ID 1929507.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 13, 2019
Applies to:Enterprise Manager for Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Enterprise Manager for Oracle Database - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note outlines the Enterprise Manager components and patches required to deploy and use the Oracle Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance (ZDLRA) Plug-in.
Before using the ZDLRA Plug-in, you must install:
1) EM Base Platform Patches
The EM Base Platform patches include the quarterly OMS PSU and a monthly Agent Bundle patch.
See <Document 822485.1> - Oracle Recommended Patches (PSU) for Enterprise Manager Base Platform (All Releases)
2) Monthly Plug-in Bundle Patches:
The EM Plug-in Bundle patches are released for the two components of a plug-in: a) an OMS-Side Plug-in Bundle and b) Agent-Side Plug-in Bundles.
a) OMS-side Plug-in bundle is a single System Patch containing the latest OMS-side patches for all Plug-ins listed in the documents below.
b) Agent-Side Plug-in Bundles (Agent-side-monitoring and Agent-side-discovery) are released separately for each affected plug-in.
To get the list of Master Bundle Patches for Enterprise Manager 13.3 Plug-ins (OMS and Agent Side), please refer to:
- <Document 2476468.1> - Enterprise Manager 13.2 Master Bundle Patch List
The following versions are either in Extended Support or have left error correction grace period and no new patches are being created:
- Enterprise Manager 188.8.131.52 Plug-ins (OMS and Agent Side): <Document 2038446.1> - Enterprise Manager 184.108.40.206.0 (PS4) Master Bundle Patch List
- Enterprise Manager 13.1 Plug-ins (OMS and Agent Side): <Document 2124038.1> - Enterprise Manager 13.1 Master Bundle Patch List
- Enterprise Manager 13.2 Plug-ins (OMS and Agent Side): <Document 2219797.1> - Enterprise Manager 13.2 Master Bundle Patch List
Install the patches as follows:
- On the OMS systems: Apply the latest System Patch (a.k.a OMS-side Plug-in Bundle), as well as, the latest OMS PSU.
- On the ZDLRA system nodes (after the Agents have been pushed/installed): Apply the latest Agent-side Monitoring and Agent-side Discovery patches listed for the Oracle Database Plug-in and Oracle Exadata Plug-in, as well as, the Agent Bundle Patch.
- On Exadata protected database nodes (after the Agents have been pushed/installed): Same as above for ZDLRA system nodes
- On non-Exadata protected database nodes (after the Agents have been pushed/installed): Apply the latest Agent-side Monitoring and Agent-side Discovery patches listed for the Oracle Database Plug-in, as well as, the Agent bundle patch.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Install the patches as follows:|