Last updated on JUNE 19, 2015
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to edit a production 'Compliance Standard Rule' in the Compliance Library, the changes are not saved. This has been reproduced against Enterprise Manager 22.214.171.124. For example:
- Go to 'Enterprise'->Compliance'->'Library'->'Compliance Standard Rules' page
- Search for and select a rule (i.e. an 'Agent-side Rule' type) - Choose a rule that is associated with a compliance standard which is currently associated to a target
- Click the 'Edit' icon
- In 'Edit Rule: Agent-side Rule: Details' page, select and 'Remove' the rule keyword. Then click 'Add' and select a new keyword for testing purposes
- In 'Edit Rule: Agent-side Rule: Review' page, review the changes made and confirm that the new 'keyword' is shown.
- Click on the'Finish' button
- Pop up box 'Edit Production Rule' is shown
- Select 'Overwrite Production Rule' then press the 'OK' button.
- Acknowledge the 'Information' pop-up window by pressing the 'OK' button.
- When returned to the 'Compliance Standard Rules' page, observe that the changes made are not reflected
- Note that the Changes have not been saved and the production compliance rule has not been amended.
- This means that if the modified compliance standard rule is violated, the event generated does not reflect the modification made.
Additionally, the following error may also be observed in the emoms.log
@ java.sql.SQLException: ORA-6531: Reference to uninitialized collection
@ ORA-6512: at "SYSMAN.EM_COMPLIANCE_RULE_OP", line 2846
@ ORA-6512: at "SYSMAN.EM_COMPLIANCE_AGENT_RULE_UTIL", line 965
@ ORA-6512: at line 1
@ at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:462)
@ at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:405)
@ at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:931)
@ at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:481)
@ at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:205)
@ at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:548)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms