EM 12c: Compliance Standard Creation for WebLogic Server Signature in Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control Shows Wrong Target Status in Rule Test
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2016
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Define a new Compliance Standard ruld based on a WebLogic Server Signature.
A signature definition consists of a list of managed beans (MBeans) and an XQuery expression.
Managed beans represent the configuration data to collect.
They define a type and the attributes within the type to collect.
They also declare which attributes to consider in determining whether there are violations.
The XQuery expression defines the logic to use in evaluating the collected data for compliance.
During the process of defining this WebLogic Signature Rule using the Create Rule wizard, you fit the following issue:
Check for Production Mode Enabled = true on the /EMGC_GCDomain/GCDomain
1. In EM 12c Cloud Control, navigate: Enterprise > Compliance > Library.
On the Compliance Library page, select the Compliance Standard Rules tab, then Create.
The Create Rule pop-up window is presented; select WebLogic Server Signature Rule.
2. On the Details page, provide at least a name for the rule, then Next
3. On the Check Definition page, enter the details of the definition to be checked.
The example provided here is a simple text entry signature definition.
Select Text, enter the content of the signature definition, enter Domain@Name for Display Name, then select Next.
Note the example signature definition has the value @ProductionModeEnabled="true".
4. On the Test page, Use the search icon to select an appropriate target, then Run Test
5. Closing the test confirmation shows the target in rule violation.
6. Select Back to access the Check Definition page and alter the signature definition:
7. Select Run Test again. Note that the result does not change from item #5 above. This is not correct.
8. Cancel the rule creation wizard and, from the Compliance Library page, follow the sequence in #1 through #4 above.
On the Check Definition page, enter the same details as before.
Enter the content of the signature definition with the value value @ProductionModeEnabled="false".
Enter Domain@Name for Display Name, then select Next.
9. Test the same target and close the test confirmation. Note that the target does not show a rule violation this time, which is correct.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms