EM 12c: Changes to the Email-To value of a Repeat Notification Event Rule in Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control Fail to Save
Last updated on OCTOBER 14, 2015
Applies to:Enterprise Manager for Oracle Database - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Navigate: Setup > Incidents > Incident Rules
2. Select Create Ruleset, and in the Create Ruleset page, enter a name for the ruleset
3. Select Create Rule in the Rules section of the page
4. Select Incoming events and updates to events option in the resulting pop up window and Continue
5. On the Create New Rule: Select Events page, select the All events of type Metric Alert option and Next
6. In the Add Actions Page, select add the SYSMAN value in the E-mail To field in the Basic Notifications section, select the Send Repeat notifications check box in the Repeat Notifications section, then Continue
8. The action will be listed in the table on the Create New Rule; Add Actions page. Highlight the action, then Edit. The resulting page will show this error:
In order to support repeat for event, incident has to be created. The create incident check box has been checked correspondingly.
The same error will result if an action is edited to change the notification email address and add the Repeat Notifications attribute.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms