Remote Weblogic Managed Servers Show incorrect Down Status. Debug Shows DMS-50989 And DMS-50989[[ java.lang.ClassCastException
(Doc ID 2120409.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2018
Applies to:Enterprise Manager for Fusion Middleware - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Multiple targets showing incorrect down status. Including Application Deployments, WebCenter targets, WLS servers, WLS cluster, etc.
In this case WLS server was used to further troubleshoot the issue.
Other tests performed:
- Created new cluster cluster1.
- Added ms1 to cluster1, both cluster1 and ms1 shows up status.
- In fmwc navigate to cluster1, "Apply JRF" option was displayed.
- After apply JRF to cluster1 and restart ms1, cluster1 shows clock icon(Status Pending) and ms1 in down status.
- Restarted AdminServer, both cluster1 and ms1 now shows incorrect down status. Reproducing the issue.
- Domain contain multiple remote WLS managed servers, all remote managed servers are showing incorrect down status.
- AdminServer is showing correct up status.
- No related errors are found in AdminServer, emoms or managed server logs.
- Using note:1467475.1 in wlst confirmed managed server StateVal showing correct value of 2.
- Using note:1550595.1 enabled dms debugging and found "java.lang.ClassCastException" errors.
Parsing dms debug logs (AdminServer-diagnostics*.log) using Linux commands:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document