EM 12c, EM 13c: Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Target-Configuration Extension Job Fails with no Error
Last updated on APRIL 19, 2017
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 12.1 to 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Deploying a Configuration Extension in Enterprise Manager (EM) Cloud Control triggers a job, but if the job fails, there is no indication provided in EM Cloud Control.
1. Login to EM Console.
2. Navigate to Enterprise --> Configuration --> Configuration Extensions
3. Click on Create for creating a CE.
4. Provide the following details:
Name : Test CE
Description : Testing CE
Target Type : Host
Sample Target : Selected a Host which is up status.
5. Under Files & Commands tab, Clicked on Add
Type : Command
Command : crontab -l
Alias : Testing Cron
Parser : Unix Crontab Praser
6. Clicked on Preview, all looks good, so click on OK
7. Saved the CE by clicking on Save.
"Test CE" Configuration Extension is now created.
8. Now select the Test CE and Click on Manage Deployments
9. Click on Add and select a different host to deploy this CE.
10. Now click on Apply.
Nothing is observed, not output or operation is being performed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms