Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2017
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 13.1 to 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Credentials for s Corrective Action (CA) are not set properly when a Monitoring Template is the CA is applied.
The CA is triggered but it is failing with the following error:
To reproduce, define a Monitoring Template with a Corrective Action (here, a database example is used) and apply it to a target:
1) Navigate: Enterprise > Monitoring > Monitoring Temnplates
2) Select Create
3) ChoOse Target for the settings, select Databases for Target Type Category and Database Instance for Target Type, then Select and Continue
4) Provide a name (Test) for the MT in the General tab
5) Select the "pencils" icon to edit the Tablespace Used (%) metric
6) In the Monitored Objects view, select Edit for the All others value in the Tablespace name column
7) Select Add in the Corrective Actions section of the :Edit Advanced Settings:" page for the Critical severity
8) On the Add Corective Action page, select SQL Script the action type, then Continue
9) On the Job page, give the CA a name, then proceed to Parameters
10) Enter the SQL script in the Parameters page (select sysdate from dual; for demonstration), the Continue
11) Confirm the CA is seet for the Critical severity in the Corrective Actions section of the Edit Advanced Settings: page, then Continue
12) On the Monitoring Templates main page, select the Test MT and Apply
13) On the Apply Monitoring Template Test: General page, select the option "Template will only override metrics that are commmon to both template and target", then select Add in the Destination Targets view.
14) Check the database instance target and Select, then Continue.
15) On the "Apply Monitoring Template Test: Corrective Actions" page, select Override Preferred Credentials, then add a Named Credtial for the Database and the host, then OK
16) Select Finish, and view the confirmation.
To check the credentials, navigate back through the target Metric and Collection Settings to the test with the CA, access the CA and view the Credentials tab.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms