EM 12c: Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control Creates Invalid Oracle Certified Monitoring Templates which cannot be Deleted
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2018
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 12.1 to 13.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Enterprise Manager (EM) 188.8.131.52 Cloud Control on Linux 64-bit
Only monitoring templates which have been manually created or which are provided by default should be listed in Monitoring Templates in EM 12c Cloud Control.
No templates should be automatically created
1. Create an administrator group with an hierarchy.
2. Create a monitoring template for database target type
3. Create a template collection which has the monitoring template attached to it
4. Assigned template collection in step 3 to the administrator group in step 1
5. If any change is made to the monitoring template, all targets go in pending state.
If a synchronization is started, then an additional monitoring template may be created as Oracle certified with the monitoring template name.
Since it shows up as Oracle certified, it is in locked status and cannot be deleted.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms