EM 12c, EM 13c: Wild Card does not Work for Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Log File Monitor Metric
(Doc ID 2325567.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 24, 2019
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 12.1 to 13c]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Wild Card (%) option does not work for metric Log File Monitor Metric in Enterprise Manager Cloud Control:
1. Edit the "Log File Pattern Matched Line Count" metric and use the wild card in the Log File Name filter definition.
Log File Name /home/work/test/tes%.txt
Match Pattern in Perl oracle
Ignore Pattern in Perl
Critical Threshold 0
2. Create /home/work/test/test.txt
3. Edit /home/work/test/test.txt and add line
4. No alerts are triggered
The problem reproduces with the following versions:
- 126.96.36.199 (observed with EM-AGENT-BP 188.8.131.52.160531 or later)
- 184.108.40.206 (observed with EM-AGENT-BP 220.127.116.11.160531 or later)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document