EM login page hangs after running EMCTL command to set HTTPS custom logo image URL
(Doc ID 2438253.1)
Last updated on APRIL 09, 2020
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After running EMCTL command to set property for EM login page logo using HTTPS URL, the browser hangs when user attempts to access the login page. Eventually a timeout error is given on the login page.
1. EMCTL command does not show any error or warning upon its execution.
Below is a sample output after running the EMCTL command to set the logo image with HTTPS URL:
Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c Release 3
Copyright (c) 1996, 2018 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
Property oracle.sysman.core.uifwk.loginPageLogo has been set to value https://page.domain.com:7102/temp/custom_logo.png for all Management Servers
OMS restart is not required to reflect the new property value
2. Accessing the login page after executing the above EMCTL command results in the following behavior.
- Browser shows a blank page with busy icon and appears to be hanging.
- After some time (i.e. 10 minutes), the login page loads.
- If the License Agreement popup is configured, it hangs again upon clicking the login button.
- After some time (i.e. 10 minutes), the login page loads again.
- EM login page eventually will show the following timeout error.
3. When attempting to restart OMS, an exception is given and OMS does not start up properly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!