Problem: Startup: Emctl Start Dbconsole Fails with Agent port missing in EMD_URL
(Doc ID 266027.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 27, 2021
Applies to:Enterprise Manager for Oracle Database - Version 10.1.0.2 to 10.1.0.6 [Release 10.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 02-May-2012***
Unable to start dbconsole
1. emctl start dbconsole fails with error:
Unable to determine local host from URL
2. emagent.nohup log shows the following errors:
- Property 'agentTZRegion' is either missing or contains invalid value
- emagent now exiting abnormally - initialization failure. Consult '.trc' and '.log' files
- EMAgent exited at <time> with return value 55
- EMAgent has exited due to initialization failure
3. emd.properties file is missing two key parameters:
a) EMD_URL should have a port
b) agentTZRegion= is missing altogether (should be the last line of the file)
4. dbca.log shows errors on reading /etc/services
5. $ORACLE_HOME/install/portlist.ini shows empty value for Enterprise Manager Agent Port
6. $ORACLE_HOME/host_sid/sysman/log contains no logs
The above errors occur after the initial install of a 10g DB with database monitoring set to standalone.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!