Some Operations performed by the Grid Control Agent 10g or 11g Fail With 'ERROR: NMO Not Setuid-root (Unix-only)'
(Doc ID 271598.1)
Last updated on MARCH 04, 2018
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 10.1.0.2 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 10.1 to 11.1]
Checked for relevance on 27-Oct-2010
Checked for relevance on 08-Nov-2013
<Document 1465278.1> - Fix the Cloud Control Agent 12c error 'ERROR: NMO Not Setuid-root (Unix-only)'
The Grid Control Management Agent has been installed in a Unix machine. Trying to perform some operations against any target monitored by this Agent from the Grid Control results in the error:
ERROR: NMO not setuid-root (Unix-only).
Examples of operations that can result in the above error:
- Running a Job against this host : this can be OS Command, SQLPlus Script etc
- Setting / Testing Preferred Credentials for this host
- Configuring the database backup settings for a database on this host.
- Trying to Clone an ORACLE_HOME, running the Patching Wizard / Deployment procedure against targets in this host.
- Executing a User-Defined Metric against target in this host,
In summary, any operation which requires the Agent to login to the host and perform an activity may result in the above error.
Example of error messages:
Setting Host Credentials fails: the following error is recorded in the file emosm.trc located in the OMS $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/log directory:
2012-03-13 13:45:18,253 [559::EMUI_13_45_18_/console/pref/setCredentials$targetType=host] DEBUG emSDK.comm printXml.4424 - <EMDResponse>
<RemoteOperationError ERRMSG="ERROR: NMO not setuid-root (Unix-only)" ERRID="61"/>
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document