Problem: Unable to Use SNMPWalk Master Agent Functionality with EM 10.1.0.4 Agent
(Doc ID 338431.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2022
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 10.1.0.2 to 10.1.0.4 [Release 10.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
Trying integrate OS SNMP with the 10gR1 emsubagent and master peer, to enable snmpwalk command to query db mibs. Query results are not returned.
Operating System MIBS can be used with no issues.
1. install 10.1.0.2 management Agent, then apply 10.1.0.3 patch
2. cd $ORACLE_HOME/network/snmp
3. run "./start_peer -a" as root user
4. then run "emctl start subagent" as oracle user.
5. run snmpwalk from client.
ex. snmpwalk.exe -t 120 -r 0 -d pires public .<IP_ADDRESS>
Verified issue through the output of the truss on the emsubagent.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document