How to Download and Deploy Microsoft SQL Server Plug-in to Monitor SQL Server Targets from Enterprise Manager
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:Enterprise Manager for Miscellaneous Plug-ins - Version 10.2.0.1 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 10.2 to 12.1]
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows 2000
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows Server 2003
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows 2000Microsoft Windows XPMicrosoft Windows Server 2003
The System Monitoring Plug-in for the Microsoft SQL Server extends Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control to add support for managing Microsoft SQL Server instances. By deploying the plug-in within your Grid Control environment, you gain the following management features:
- Monitor SQL Server instances.
- Gather configuration data and tracks configuration changes for SQL Server instances.
- Raise alerts and violations based on thresholds set on monitoring and configuration data.
- Provide rich out-of-box reports for the user interface based on the gathered data.
- Support monitoring by a remote Agent. For remote monitoring, the Agent does not need to be on the same computer as the SQL Server.
This article will guide you through downloading and deploying the Microsoft SQL Server Plug-in and adding the SQL Server Targets for monitoring from the Grid Console
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms