NMUPM Consuming CPU, "em_error=nmupm child process timed out. Terminated" Errors logged in emagent.trc
(Doc ID 369614.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 23, 2023
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 10.1.0.2 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 10.1 to 11.1]
HP IA64 HPUNIX
- Host (may be a standalone or part of custer) with too many disks hosting a database(standalone or RAC database)
- OS is HP IA64 HPUNIX or HP-UX PA-RISC (64-bit)
- 10.1.0.x or 10.2.0.x management agent monitoring the node or dbcontrol is configured to monitor the database
- The "nmupm" process consumes high CPU.
- Have already Set NMUPM_TIMEOUT to a higher value as per <Note: 235290.1>
- Have already tried increasing the collection INTERVAL for "Load" and "DiskActivity" metrics in $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/admin/default_collection/host.xml or $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/emd/collection/host.xml in case of Oracle Management Agent
$ORACLE_HOME/<hostname_sid>/sysman/emd/collection/host.xml in case of DBControl
Clicking on the performance tab for a host, after long time, the following error message appears:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document