Grid Control Agent 10g and 11g Configuration: How To Perform a Manual Collection of Dynamic Properties for a Target?
Last updated on OCTOBER 14, 2014
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 10.2.0.1 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 10.2 to 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Agent collects Dynamic Properties of all its discovered targets at the startup, using the methods defined in the target type metadata file in the <AGENT_HOME>/sysman/admin/*.xml files. The dynamic properties which are classed as category properties are calculated first as their values are needed for determining other properties. If there is a problem calculating the category type dynamic properties, then the target is marked as broken. This can happen for various reasons such as:
- Calculation of the property value times out.
- Invalid configuration for the target in the targets.xml file due to which Agent is unable to connect to the target.
- Errors while calculating the property, etc.
Such targets will be reported in the EMDiagkit (repvfy) test: 103 Targets with property errors
The <AGENT_HOME>/sysman/log/emagent.trc will also show errors as below:
- WARN engine: Missing Properties : [background_dump_dest]
- WARN collector: <nmecmc.c> Error exit. Error message: Missing Properties : [background_dump_dest,core_dump_dest,user_dump_dest]
- ERROR engine: [oracle_database, <SID>,<metric>] : nmeegd_GetMetricData failed : Missing Properties : [SQLINPARAM1,SQLINPARAM2,SQLINPARAM3,SQLINPARAM4], etc.
Re-starting the Agent will allow the Agent to attempt calculation of the dynamic properties of all the discovered targets. This document provides the command for calculating the dynamic properties for a particular target without an Agent re-start.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms