Emcli Stop_Blackout Hangs if the Target Agent is Shutdown After the Blackout is Started
(Doc ID 841447.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 11, 2019
Applies to:Enterprise Manager Base Platform - Version 10.2.0.1 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 10.2 to 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
A blackout is being created using the following set of steps :
- Create a blackout using :
- Check that the blackout has started successfully using :
- Check that the details of this blackout have been added to the <AGENT_HOME>/sysman/emd/blackouts.xml file.
- Stop the agent which is monitoring the above target.
- Try to stop the blackout using :
The command hangs without any output and does not return back to prompt.
- Use ctrl+c to cancel the command and check the details of the blackout :
Output will show that the status of the blackout is "Full Blackout - Stop
Status ID Next Start Duration Reason Frequency Repeat Start
Time End Time Previous End TZ Region TZ Offset
emcli_test SYSMAN Full Blackout - Stop Failed 6
none -00:01 test once none 2009-04-16
10:23:49 none none Asia/Calcutta +00:00
If a blackout is created using similar set of steps from the console, the blackout goes to "Full
Blackout - Stop Failed ".
The above behaviour does not occur if the Agent is already down when the blackout is created or
if the agent is running but the blackout details have not been written to the <AGENT_HOME>/sysman/emd/blackouts.xml file.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document