How to Upgrade DAC from 7.9.x to 10.1.3.4.1 when the BI Applications and Source System are Upgraded
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 10.1.3.4.1  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
21st May 2013 - Checked for Relevancy
An environment is being upgraded such that the Oracle BI Applications, the Oracle DAC and the Source System are all moving to newer releases. For example, see an example upgrade below:
* Oracle DAC: From 7.9.2 to 10.1.3.4.1
* Siebel: From 8.0 to 8.1.1
* Oracle BI Applications: From 7.9.2 to 22.214.171.124
In the 7.9.2 DAC Repository, there is a custom source system container (for example,"My Custom Container") that is a copy of a pre-configured source system container (for example, "Siebel 8.0 Vertical") with changes applied.
The aim is to upgrade the DAC to 10.1.3.4.1 and merge with the new "Siebel 8.1.1 Vertical" container that is provided with Oracle BI Applications 126.96.36.199.
As documented in the "Oracle Business Intelligence Data Warehouse Administration Console User's Guide, Version 10.1.3.4" > "Upgrading, Comparing and Merging DAC Repositories" (Chapter 10), the Upgrade/Merge Wizard includes the following options for upgrading and merging DAC repositories:
* Refresh Base: Use this option to upgrade the DAC Repository when you are upgrading from an older release of Oracle BI Applications to a new release.
* Replace Base: Use this option to upgrade the DAC Repository when you are phasing out an older release of a transactional application and moving to a newer release, for example, phasing out Siebel 7.5.3 and moving to Siebel 7.8.
When the Oracle BI Applications and the transactional application / Source System / OLTP System (for example, Siebel) are both moving to newer releases:
1. Which Upgrade/Merge option(s) should be used to upgrade the DAC Repository?
2. Which containers should be specified during the Upgrade/Merge process?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms