Hyperion Business Rules Security And Nested Groups
(Doc ID 1121426.1)
Last updated on APRIL 02, 2019
Applies to:Hyperion Planning - Version 18.104.22.168.00 to 22.214.171.124.00 [Release 9.3 to 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Planning users who have not been granted access to a business rule are able to see the rule when they login to Planning.
1. The following groups, users and provisioning have been setup in Shared Services:
- Group GRPA, provisioned for Planning application App1 as interactive user or planner.
- Subgroups of GRPA are created: GRPB and GRPC.
- Three users userA, userB and userC.
- userB is added to GRPB.
- userC is added to GRPC.
2. In the Essbase Administration Services console a business rule is created and access granted to group GRPB:
3. When connecting to Planning as userB the business rule is available as expected, however userC also has access to the rule and this is not expected.
This same scenario worked as expected in the 126.96.36.199 environment and appears to have started happening from version 9.3.1.
Upgraded from Hyperion System 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document