How to Keep Track of OBIEE 10g Patches Applied? How To Handle Version.Txt Files When You Have Multiple Patches? Are Patches Cumulative?
(Doc ID 1135013.1)
Last updated on APRIL 05, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 10.1.3.2 to 10.1.3.4.2  [Release 10g]
Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 10.1.3.2 to 10.1.3.4.2  [Release 10g]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- How to handle VERSION.TXT files when you have multiple patches?
- When Oracle supplies an OBIEE patch, its README file always says to replace the VERSION.TXT file on the [Oracle Home] directory with the one included.
- When you apply a second, unrelated patch to the environment why would we want to replace the entire VERSION.TXT file?
- Would you append the text in the second patch's VERSION.TXT file to the first?
- How will this display on the Settings > Administration window when it displays the information in the Product Information box?
- Are OBIEE Patches cumulative?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document