Discoverer Plus 11g (184.108.40.206.0/220.127.116.11.0) Workbook Wizard Displays Non-ASCII Characters As Question Marks
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 27, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Discoverer - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
***Checked for relevance on 19-Jul-2013***
When connecting with Discoverer Plus 11g with Non-English locale the following behavior occurs:
- Workbook wizard shows Non ASCII characters as questions marks instead of the valid characters.
- The issue reproduce on Discoverer 11g version 22.214.171.124.0 and 126.96.36.199.0.
- The issue does not reproduce with Discoverer Plus 10.1.2.55.26 + CP7.
- The issue does not reproduce on MS Windows platform.
- Issue is reproduced using various languages such as Norwegian, German, Swedish, Spanish, Polish or Slovenian.
- The actual data queried from the database are displayed correctly including non-ASCII characters.
- The following image demonstrate the described problem:
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms