Connection has failed error message when doing view data in OBIEE 11g rpd
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version: 184.108.40.206.0 
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue seen : Opening rpd in offline mode causes "Connection has failed" error message when performing "View Data" in physical layer of rpd.
Same connection to database from rpd works fine when opening rpd in online mode
1)upgrade rpd from 10g to 11g
2) open upgraded rpd in offline mode
3) do update row count OR import any table - gives "connection has failed"
4) tried creating new connection pool - doesnt work
5) The information provided in connection pool is correct
6) If we build a new rpd using 11g everything works - update rowcount works,
Issue specific to upgraded rpd
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms