Warning Message when Opening an mHTML file exported from a BQY Error: "The file you are trying to open, <FILE_NAME>, is in a different format than specified by the file extension."
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 16, 2016
Applies to:Hyperion BI+ - Version 22.214.171.124.00 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 25-Sep-2012***
The below warning message pops up when opening an mHTML file exported from a BQY section using the xls extension with Microsoft Office 2007:
"The file you are trying to open, <FILE_NAME>, is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?"
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in to Workspace
- Open any BQY document in iHTML mode
- Select any section within the document
- Navigate to "File" -> "Export" -> "Excel (*.mhtml)"
- The product prompts the user to save locally a file with the xls extension
(rather than mhtml as expected)
- Open the resulting xls file with Microsoft Office 2007: the warning message appears.
- Clicking on "Yes" allows the file to get opened properly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms