Discoverer 11g Configured With E-Business Suite Single Sign-On (SSO) Login Fails With 'Password missing' Error
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 07, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Discoverer - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 13-Sep-2012***
- E-Business Suite 11i (126.96.36.199) enabled with Oracle Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Discoverer 11g (11.1.1.x.) configured with the same SSO server that E-Business Suite is configured with.
- In Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control, the following Discoverer configuration is checked 'Allow authenticated Oracle Single Sign-On (SSO) users to create and use private connections to SSO-enabled Oracle Applications databases, without entering a password'.
- The parameter enableAppsSSOConnection="true" (enabled from the checkbox above) is confirmed in the configuration.xml Discoverer configuration file.
When attempting to login with an Oracle Applications connection type, the password field is missing (as expected); however, the following error occurs.
The application encounters an invalid state. .
- java.rmi.RemoteException: Password missing; nested exception is: oracle.discoiv.beans.MissingPasswordException: Password missing
- Password missing; nested exception is: oracle.discoiv.beans.MissingPasswordException: Password missing
- Password missing
Oracle BI Discoverer Viewer cannot find the data necessary to display the results of this event. Correct any errors, and try again.
Configuring enableAppsSSOConnection="false" via configuration.xml or FMw Control removes the error, but does not provide the SSO, no password functionality
Enable Single Sign-On integration with E-Business Suite
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms