Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Office Plug-in Option - Version 10.1.3.4.0  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
OBIEE answers report saved as an Excel Webquery will not not connect to the repository with any user accounts that use Oracle E-Business Suite security model.
The steps to recreate are:
First, log into OBIEE Answers directly using Administrator user (an OBIEE-only user account):
1. Create a simple report
2. Save the report under "My Folders"
3. Click on the report again and choose Modify, then Advanced
4. Click on the link to "generate and download webquery"
5. Save the .iqy file to the PC.
6. Open the .iqy file using Excel.
7. When prompted enter the username and password.
8. Webquery runs successfully.
Next log into OBIEE Answers through a link from Oracle E-Business Suite, using a suitable EBS user account that can create answers reports.
Repeat steps 1 to 7.
8. Webquery fails saying "Not Logged In", "You are not currently logged in to the Oracle BI Server. If you are issuing an Excel Web Query, you might have mistyped your ID or password; please choose "Refresh Data" and try again."
(The id and password are correct - they are exactly the same ones as were used when signing onto EBS)
The OBIEE Administrator account does connect OK.
This also applies to the Excel tools installed within Excel - this will not connect to OBIEE except using the Administrator account.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms