Last updated on AUGUST 08, 2016
Applies to:Hyperion BI+ - Version: 184.108.40.206.000
Information in this document applies to any platform.
"Row and Column Template" objects referencing columns (in formulas) are using a relative positioning scheme.
In this scheme, the first column (i.e. the column 'A') is the first column of the "Row and Column Template" object, rather than being the first column of the grid.
Please consider the below scenario:
- Create a new FR report with FR Studio 220.127.116.11,
- Add a grid to that report that links against any HFM data source,
- Use the below dimension layout for this grid (although any would do, as it is not relevant to this issue):
- You should end up with a grid containing a single data column (i.e. column 'A'),
- Insert an additional data column (i.e. 'B') after the column 'A',
- Insert an additional data column (i.e. 'C') after the column 'B',
- Insert a formula column (i.e. 'D') after the column 'C',
- Select the 'D' column by clicking on its header,
- Enter the below formula for that column:
- Validate the change (using the green tick icon),
- Select the three below columns:
'B', 'C', and 'D'
- Right-click anywhere on the selection and select "Save as Row and Column Template",
- Ensure that the "Link to Source Object" option is been checked,
- Save the object in any location in the repository,
- Log in to Workspace,
- Navigate to the Explore module,
- Navigate to "File" -> "Export",
- Browse to the previously saved Row and Column Template object,
- Complete the export process and save the file on the local machine,
- In the local machine's file system, browse to the save file (.ros file),
- Edit that file with a text editor.
The formula definition appears as below:
Instead, it would expected that the formula would be defined as below:
(as it was defined in the report)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms