OBIEE 10g: some users are getting  LDAP bind failure: Can't contact LDAP server
(Doc ID 1365929.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Applies to:Answers, Interactive Dashboard - Version 10.1.3.4.0  to 10.1.3.4.1  [Release 10g]
This note only applies to OBIEE 10g
OBIEE Version is 10.1.3.4,
OS is Linux - RHEL4-U6-i386-AS-20080522,
DB is Oracle 10.2.0.4
Some Users are getting
Unable to Login
ODBC driver returned an error (SQLDriverConnectW)
Error Codes: OPR4ONWY:U9IM8TAC
State: 08004. Code: 10018. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE:08004]
[nQSError: 10018] Access for the requested connection is refused
 LDAP bind failure: Can't contact LDAP server (08004)
Some users can login and some are unable to login (giving LDAP Bind Failure error)
After users clear their cache in their browsers, they can normally login
1) The error is thrown for a few users but not for others at the same time.
2) The error is not observed when tried again after 10 minutes or so.
3) The issue does not come up after a fresh restart of the BI server.
4) The ldapsearch command works fine during the time of the issue.
5) The RPD opened in online Mode connects to the LDAP server and returns data during the time of issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document