Last updated on JULY 29, 2016
Applies to:Hyperion Essbase - Version 188.8.131.52.000 and later
IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit)
*** Checked for Currency 01-May-2015 ***
Clustered Essbase environment (an Active/Passive cluster using OPMN).
It is possible to create a new Essbase Application.
It is not possible to create a new Database in this Application.
(behavior: Essbase starts to create files on arborpath but then after some minutes the Essbase application crashes without finishing the task.)
Essbase writes errors in the logs at the time of the crash:
- "Unable to Allocate Aligned Memory for [pMemPage] in [adMemAllocMemPage]."
- "Unable to Allocate Aligned Memory for [pTct->pTctFXBuffer] in [adTmgAllocateFXBuffer]."
- "Essbase Internal Logic Error "
- "Exception error log [/home/hyperion/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/epmsystem7/diagnostics/logs/essbase/essbase_0/app/<Appname>/log00001.xcp] is being created..."
- "1054001 Cannot load Application <Appname> with error number "
When setting FAILOVERMODE FALSE in Essbase.cfg, then creating databases works.
The problem is that FAILOVERMODE needs to be set to TRUE in order to use the cluster.
The same set up in another environment works just fine!
Relatively fresh installation - system has not been used in production before.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms