Unable To Open The OBIEE 11g Catalog Manager On Linux From An X Windows Interface
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2015
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 22.214.171.124.0  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 24-Oct-2013***
- When opening the Catalog Manager on Linux x86-64
([middleware_home]//instances/instance1/bifoundation/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/coreapplication_obips1/catalogmanager/ runcat.sh) via a HummingBird Exceed xterm on a local PC, it fails to launch or open.
- The behavior or symptom is that you are returned to the command-line prompt.
- Opening a standard graphical user interface (gui) application such as xclock or xeyes works from the same xterm.
- VNC on the server is not installed and cannot be tested.
- An trace of runcat.sh shows calls to:
[middlware home]/Oracle_BI1/bifoundation/web/catalogmanager/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64_3.4.1.v3452b.jarand the following library cannot be found:
Line 10924: 23153 open("/usr/lib64/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
- The library is found in a working environment.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms