Non Admin User Can Remove Server Under Shared Connection/Essbase Node Within Smartview
Last updated on MAY 31, 2018
Applies to:Hyperion Essbase - Version 184.108.40.206.102 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 22-Oct-2013***
According to 220.127.116.11 SmartView user guide, you must have administrative privileges for a data source to add or delete servers in the Smart View Panel.
In version 18.104.22.168.000 and 22.214.171.124.102, even the normal user can also remove server.
For example, the user has been provisioned as Write permission privilege on Essbase application Sample, then that user is able to remove the server within SmartView Panel/SharedConnection/Essbase node.
Below are the steps to reproduce the problem:
- Connect to the SmartView using shared connection option.
- Connect to Essbase using user credentials (normal user).
- Connect to Essbase server.
- When selecting the Essbase server, the options displayed are 'Add New Server' and 'Remove Server'.
- The non-admin user can click on the Remove Server. This affects all the users who are logged in.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms