Last updated on JULY 29, 2016
Applies to:Hyperion Essbase - Version 18.104.22.168.00 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 03-Dec-2013***
- Undesired results are returned by a SQL Query - you can see that the language is incorrect e.g by incorrect special characters
- You are using SQL interface in EAS (with both ODBC data direct Wire Protocol and OCI)
- Connecting to an Oracle-Database via OCI displays the expected results (e.g language settings are GERMAN_GERMANY and "umlaute" are displayed as ä, ö, ü (html: ä ö and ü)
- Connecting using a different ODBC driver e.g. "DataDirect 6.0 Oracle Wire Protocol" the results are incorrect (and a check displays settings as e.g AMERICAN_AMERICA).
- System Environment Variable "NLS_LANG" is set to GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8MSWIN1252
- In the registry the Oracle_home_key is set to GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8MSWIN1252
- The Essbase Server OS is english.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms