Last updated on JANUARY 07, 2014
Applies to:Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.0  and later
***Checked for relevance on 19-Dec-2013**
- Windows 2008 R2 64-bit
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition: 18.104.22.168.0
- You are attempting to perform a horizontal scale-out on server 2 and receiving the following error:
INST-07057 :Error in validating the BI host field value.
- This is true with software-only or Enterprise install types
- Network ping command from server 2 to server 1 returns successfully .
- Network ping command from server 1 to server 2 returns successfully.
- Network nslookup command of server1 and server 2 return the fully qualified domain name from both server 1 and server 2
- The Weblogic AdminServer is up and running on server 1 on port 7001. The telnet command to the server1, port 7001, is working.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms