OBIEE 11g: Prompt With Is Not Equal To / Is Not In Operator And Multiple Default Values Just Pass One of the Values in the Filter View
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2017
Applies to:Business Intelligence Server Enterprise Edition - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Create a simple report with one of the dim columns as prompted. Then create a dashboard prompt using this same column with operator "is not equal to / is not in" and from the + options in the prompt you specify a list of specific column values, check the "Enable user to select multiple values" and "Enable user to type values" and in the Default selection you choose 2 of those Specific values.
If you put the report and the prompt in a Dashboard Page you will see that in the report you can only see one filter passed, not the 2 specific values you specified in the prompt.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a simple report using the sampleapplite rpd.
- Select the columns: Name Year, Product, Product Type and Revenue.
- Go to the Criteria Tab and specified in Product Type column filter, is prompted.
- Create a dashboard prompt using Product Type column with operator "is not equal to / is not in". From the + options in the prompt you specify a list of specific column values such as Camera, Cell Phones and Maintenance. Check the Enable user to select multiple values" and "Enable user to type values" options below. Then in the "Default selection", choose 2 Specific Values such as Camera and Cell Phones.
- Put the report and the prompt in a dashboard page and you will see that in the report can only see one filter passed not the 2 specific values you specified in the prompt. You will see something like: "Product Type is not equal to / is not in Camera", when should say "Product Type is not equal to / is not in Camera;Cell Phones" as you can see in the default values selected in the dashboard prompt above.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms